Terms of Reference of the Strategic Advisory Task Team of OBIS:
- Provide advice to the OBIS Steering Group on the OBIS science mission, policy and management relevance and strategic priorities.
- Identify new directions, potential pilot projects and areas of development for data-driven research and ocean policy and management applications.
- Be composed of a broad range of experts from relevant scientific disciplines and institutions with expertise in fields such as marine biodiversity, biogeography, ecology and ocean policy and management.
- Convene periodically with at least one meeting per year.
- Review OBIS directions and research and development activities, as well as investigate timely topics to help set future strategic directions.
- Provide reports to the OBIS Steering Group.
- Act as liaisons to other scientific institutions and related communities of practice.